Bootstrap Pretzel Pups
Our Bootstrap Pretzel Pups are a versatile twist!
With slightly taller ALNICO 5 poles for the neck position, we're able to fit all the 42 AWG winds of our '54 Vintage Pros in a Tele® neck pickup form factor. Paired with a signal-transparent nickel-silver cover, the neck position delivers a sparkling clean, dynamic tone. The bridge pup with A5 magnets is wound hot for a distinct T-style growl.
- Forbon® vulcanized fiber bobbins
- 42/43 AWG pure copper wire with ruby enamel insulation
- AlNiCo 5 magnets, flat top
- Push-back cloth leads with 22 AWG pre-tinned wire for easy installation
- Vacuum potted in beeswax and paraffin
- Height adjustment screws and spring
- Copper-clad steel baseplate
- Nickel-silver cover
- Resistance Bridge: ~10.5kOhm*
- Resistance Neck: ~5.6kOhm*
*Please note that resistance values are approximate and may vary due to a number of factors including actual wire thickness, wire tension, ambient temperature as well as differences between multimeters. We accept a tolerance of +/-10% K Ohms. Bootstrap Pickups winds to a a set wind count, not resistance.
Bootstrap Pickups are wound-to-order in our small Ohio shop. Please check the Shop Notes page for current lead times.