Bootstrap Palo Alto for '51 P
Hey Bootstrappers, check out our new Palo Alto bass pickup! This cool coil comes wound with 42awg wire to 8K resistance around ALNICO 5 magnets for exceptional clarity and boom. A great fit for any '51-style P Bass® guitar!
Please note that this pickup is available with or without a cloth rope wrap.
Under The Hood
- Forbon® vulcanized fiber bobbins
- 42 AWG pure copper wire with ruby enamel insulation
- Fully charged ALNICO 5 magnets
- RW/RP middle pickup for noise cancellation
- Push-back cloth leads with 22 AWG pre-tinned wire for easy installation
- Lightly potted in a mix of beeswax and paraffin
- Chrome height adjustment screws and spring
- Resistance: ~8K
*Please note that resistance values are approximate and may vary due to a number of factors including actual wire thickness, wire tension, ambient temperature as well as differences between multimeters. We accept a tolerance of +/-10% K Ohms. Bootstrap Pickups winds to a a set wind count, not resistance.
Bootstrap Pickups are wound-to-order in our small Ohio shop. Please check the Shop Notes page for current lead times.
Stratocaster®, Strat®, Fender®, and P Bass® are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC). Bootstrap Pickups is not affiliated with or endorsed by FMIC and we do not sell products made or authorized by FMIC. Forbon® is a registered trademark of Ele Associates Global LLC.