Bootstrap Vintage Low Wind Pickups for Jazz Bass®
Our Vintage Low Pickups for JB are a lower-output vintage-style single coil for your Jazz Bass® guitar. This set features our 42awg ruby-enamel wire wrapped around ALNICO 5 magnets to a resistance of ~7.5K in the neck position and ~8.0K in the bridge. This recipe retains plenty of clarity while still providing plenty of boom.
Please note that we only offer this pickup in 4-string configuration at this time. We hope to offer a 5-string version soon.
Under The Hood
- Forbon® vulcanized fiber bobbins
- 42 AWG pure copper wire with ruby enamel insulation
- Fully charged ALNICO 5 magnets
- RW/RP middle pickup for noise cancellation
- Push-back cloth leads with 22 AWG pre-tinned wire for easy installation
- Lightly potted in a mix of beeswax and paraffin
- Chrome height adjustment screws and spring
- Black covers
- Resistance: ~7.5K Neck, 8.0K bridge
*Please note that resistance values are approximate and may vary due to a number of factors including actual wire thickness, wire tension, ambient temperature as well as differences between multimeters. We accept a tolerance of +/-10% K Ohms. Bootstrap Pickups winds to a a set wind count, not resistance.
Bootstrap Pickups are wound-to-order in our small Ohio shop. Please check the Shop Notes page for current lead times.
Jazz Bass® and Fender® are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC). Bootstrap Pickups is not affiliated with or endorsed by FMIC and we do not sell products made or authorized by FMIC. Forbon® is a registered trademark of Ele Associates Global LLC.