Bootstrap HB-90 Mean for Humbucker
Hey Bootstrappers, wanna try our awesome soapbars in your humbucker-routed rig? Check out our new HB-90s!
These pups rock the same sweet tone of our Squeaky Mean soapbars, but drop right into a humbucker form factor for a hassle-free, router-free conversion. Our HB-90 Means rock ALNICO 5 poles with a modern overwind to deliver the raw grit of an overwound P90 tone. Each bobbin is CNC cut from Forbon® vulcanized fiber, and precisely wound in our small Ohio shop.
Check out those brushed Corian® custom covers. They're milled and finished in-shop for a look you can't get anywhere else! And unlike cheap chrome or nickle-plated brass covers, Corian® is signal-transparent and won't dampen your tone.
Under the hood:
- Forbon® vulcanized fiber bobbins
- 43 AWG pure copper wire with ruby enamel insulation
- ALNICO 5 magnets, 49.2mm spacing
- Push-back cloth leads with 22 AWG pre-tinned wire for easy installation
- Potted in a mix of beeswax and paraffin
- Chrome height adjustment screws and spring
- Brushed-Corian® cover in white or black
- ~12K resistance
- RW/RP for hum-canceling in middle position
- Set includes 1 Neck and 1 Bridge Pickup
*Please note that resistance values are approximate and may vary due to a number of factors including actual wire thickness, wire tension, ambient temperature as well as differences between multimeters. We accept a tolerance of +/-10% K Ohms. Bootstrap Pickups winds to a a set wind count, not resistance.
Bootstrap Pickups are wound-to-order in our small Ohio shop. Please check the Shop Notes page for current lead times.Corian® is a registered trademark of E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company Corporation (DuPont). Bootstrap Pickups is not associated with or endorsed by DuPont. Forbon® is a registered trademark of Ele Associates Global. Bootstrap Pickups is not associated with or endorsed by Ele Associates Global.