Bootstrap Skookum-P.A.F. Humbucker
Bootstrap Skookum-P.A.F.s are the real deal: period-correct materials, exceptional American craftsmanship, and dripping with sweet vintage tone. From number of winds and sandcast rough ALNICO bar magnets down to the smallest details like the grade of steel in the nickel-plated slugs and the brass bobbin mounting screws, we reconstructed the iconic "Patent Applied For" pickup in Bootstrap style.
Skookum-P.A.F.s are proudly wound in Ohio from USA materials. While these are a bit pricier than our standard fare, we take the utmost joy and care in each and every one we make. We are so proud of each Skookum-P.A.F. that leaves our shop.
Under the hood
- 49.2mm genuine butyrate bobbins
- 42 AWG ruby enamel insulated copper wire
- Nickel-silver baseplate
- Nickel-plated Fillister screw poles
- Nickel-plated 1215 steel slugs
- Rough Sand-cast ALNICO 5 bar magnet
- Shielded cloth pushback lead wire (2-conductor)
- Paper tape wrap
- Brass bobbin-mounting screws
- Wax potted (Message us if you want unpotted - no extra charge)
- Hard maple spacer
- 7.6 kOhm Neck, 8.2kOhm bridge
Please note: Butyrate is a very soft plastic that was used for humbucker bobbins in the late 1950s and 1960s. Because of the nature of this material, bobbins made from Butyrate do not have a gloss finish like modern plastic bobbins, and may show minor scratches. This is a feature, not a bug, and gives a distinctive vintage aesthetic.
Bootstrap Skookum-P.A.F.s are made to order. Due to demand, please allow 2 weeks for your pickups to be proudly wound in central Ohio.
Our burnt chrome covers receive a $10 discount because we get to play with fire and it's a ton of fun to make them.